How I Write Posts

When I started this blog, I assumed I would just be writing out whatever popped into my head in some kind of unorganized glory and posting it without any kind of editing. That didn’t happen. I’ve always kept a bit of structure in my posts. I don’t know, I guess the writer and the bit of perfectionist in me wouldn’t let too much mess exist in my writing.

I may have mentioned before that I feel the need to keep this updated fairly frequently. On a day like today, when I have the writing itch, I don’t need a whole lot of motivation to crank out a post. In fact, this is the second post I'm writing at the moment. I had to stop in the middle of the other one to write down this idea. Doesn’t matter if it’s a good idea… I just like typing lol. Sometimes, it takes me 20 minutes, other times it takes me 2 or 3 hours (from conception to editing and publishing) to write a post.

Most of the time if I want to write a post, I put on a Spotify playlist and pause whatever else I'm doing (whether that’s literally pausing Netflix, or finishing doing something else and sitting down to write). And of course I listen with headphones.  I love music SO MUCH. And it helps me focus when I'm writing. Plus I can dance while I type so that’s always a bonus. I like to listen to stuff with a beat because it kind of helps the typing flow. Its like putting upbeat songs on your workout playlist so you can move to the music.

I like to write at night. I'm a night owl. I always have been. I was always tired when my mom would wake me up for school in the mornings because usually I had stayed up past midnight reading by flashlight so my mom wouldn’t catch me. Being awake in the daytime is so inconvenient don’t you think? It's so bright and loud. At night, everything is so quiet and calm and all the stars are out. NIGHT TIME, BEST TIME. I don’t know what it is about night that makes me more focused and creative but it always has. There's probably some weird scientific study saying it goes back to caveman days or something.

I like to be alone when I write, which isn’t a problem, because Drew is usually asleep (and so is the cat lol) by the time I'm writing blog posts. I don’t think I could be sitting next to a person while writing anything because I hate when people read over my shoulder.

When I write I like to have a full glass of water. Something about writing makes me thirsty. It must be all that thinking sucking all the moisture up to my brain machine and making my mouth dry. Also it's never a bad time to stay hydrated. 

And that’s my magic formula for writing posts. 

TTFN, 

Paige 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Stream of Conciousness

A Ramble About Birthdays

Dream House, Scream House